In partnership with In-House Recruitment, we were joined by leading In-house Recruitment, Talent Acquisition and HR professionals and a trio of employer brand experts.
Why employer brand?
Employer brand has long been a significant challenge for businesses as they look to attract, recruit and retain the very best people. But with wide-scale hiring freezes, it’s a mistake to think that your EVP is playing a lesser role in securing talent right now. Results from our global Covid-19 HR survey suggest that employee retention, engagement and cost reduction are top of the priority list right now.
The pandemic has shone a light on one of businesses' most valuable assets - talent. Now is the time to reflect and start building your employer brand, one that will give you a competitive advantage for tomorrow. But how do you do it?
William Geldart: The State of Employer Brand: Today and Tomorrow
Paula Morris: Leveraging your Internal Comms to Boost your Employer Brand
Marcus Vlaar: Learning from Gaming, VR and AR to Create Great Brand Experiences
- Your employer brand will play a key role in keeping hold of your A* people
- Strong employer brand leads to strong engagement which leads to retention
- Your EVP should show what you are, as well as what you aren't
- Look to promote your EVP internally first before looking to promote it to your external audience
- Leverage your people to tell your brand story
- AR, VR and gamification can really add to a brand experience, but make sure it adds value and isn't just a gimmick
- Bring key stakeholders together and make sure you're all aligned
- Measure your success at every available opportunity